Friday 18 July 2008

Rain. rain...



Why is it so wet? No trapping last night. I've got a rain cover but it's only a plastic disc which fits above the bulb and I don't like risking heavy downpours. Mercury vapour bulbs cost £10.65. Anyway, here for your delight is a picture (below) from earlier this week of a Green Arches preparing for take-off after being disturbed by me. I really like this moth. As you can (I hope) see, the green colouring is very subtle and all the better for that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you need to learn to look. Click on the pic to see it massive. While browsing pictures from that day on iPhoto, I found the other smaller photo. I've added it, because it may well be the Marbled (or Whatever) Minor from yesterday's entry, in rather better shape.

No comments: