Monday 14 December 2015

I Spy



I gave the trap a good scrub yesterday and put it out last night because - in spite of the snow picturesquely decorating Scotland and the Angel of the North at Gateshead - conditions continue very mild down here.


Neighbours have also reinforced my eggbox supplies, replacing damp or broken fragments which have hosted the moths for too long.


But this morning..?  Nothing in the way of moths, a salutary reminder after last week's modest excitements that this really is the dead time of year. My pictures show, however, that small winged creatures are nonetheless on the move. Should a dipterist be passing, such as that excellently cheerful woman who promotes flies on Radio 4, I would be delighted to know what they are.

Sorry not too brilliantly focussed, but I like the speckled wings

No comments: